1. Fred to Manchester United

Stefan – In January, if you asked someone where Shakhtar Donetsk’s Brazilian Midfielder Fred would be playing his football come August the answer would have been Manchester. Manchester City to be specific. It was almost a surprise they didn’t complete a move to Premier League Champions in that window as the interest was strong. However, one window later it appears that Pep Guardiola has his eyes on someone a bit more fitting for his style of football and, like Alexis Sanchez, Fred will end up repping the red of Manchester United instead of the blue.

At this moment, a move to Manchester United looks fairly advanced. The talks have been confirmed at it appears Ed Woodward and co are prepared to pay the price to seal his signature. Fred’s advisor, Gilberto Silva, has made it known that his client is keen to play in the English Premier League, and with no pressure from Manchester City to contend with it should not be long before a decision is made and we get confirmation that Fred is the latest addition to Jose Mourinho’s midfield options.

Chances of Fred becoming a Manchester United player? 8 out 10.

Llemar – On first glance you may be tempted to enquire as to why Man United are pursuing the Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder. On second glance you may do so as well as he is stylistically similar, but different enough, to Paul Pogba. What the diminutive Fred brings to the table, other than the essential Brazilian-ness Jose Mourinho craves, is flair with passing ability and range with defensive ability. In that sense, the 25 year old could be an upgrade on Ander Herrera who seems to be able to do one at a time, whether it be popping up with Frank Lampard-esque goals as he did under Louis Van Gaal or performing the role of white on rice as he does 100% of the time now.

This move makes sense, plain and simple. He can dribble, pass, run, and tackle; and most importantly he provides the bridge between Nemanja Matic/Ander Herrera and Pogba. Pogba would finally be free to roam without the pressure of being the sole provider. It will happen. Can Man United finally get the best out of a big signing though?

2. Jorginho to Manchester City or Chelsea

Llemar – The Brazilian Italian has sparked intrigue for a couple of years now and it will likely reach fever pitch as a result of recent developments. A deep lying playmaker with an incredible eye for a pass and a calm about him, the Napoli man must intrigue both Chelsea and Man City. His former manager is likely to be the new man at Stamford Bridge and would be a good start to changing the Blues’ style of play. However, if he wants championships, City could be a better destination for a few reasons.

Where will he end up? The thing is, this could go either of three ways. Chelsea are DESPERATE after recent transfer market failures and whichever Italian is in charge come August would be very happy to have Jorginho. There’s no word yet, but that should change soon. Also, Chelsea really need a Cesc Fabregas replacement of some sort. City are in a more comfortable place and don’t necessarily need the Italian. Riyad Mahrez is touted to be a summer signing at City although I don’t know for what reason given their strength in those areas, and with Ilkay Gundogan being injury prone and David Silva getting up there, Pep Guardiola could raise his bid to meet Napoli halfway. Jorginho seems excited for a new challenge, but also unsure. In somewhat of a surprise given how both clubs have done in the market of late, I say 30% chance he ends up at Chelsea (with Maurizio Sarri) because of that desperation, 50% for City, and 20% chance he doesn’t budge.

Stefan – If rumours are to be believed, everyone in England’s top six has made contact with Napoli for Jorginho. The Brazilian born Italian has been in stellar form over the last few seasons and there is a growing acceptance that now is the time for him to move on to a platform that will push him to a higher level. The two strongest links for his signature at the moment come from Manchester City, who appear to have ditched their interest in the above mentioned Fred for the Napoli man, and Chelsea, who may be about to hand their reigns to Jorginho’s former Napoli boss Sarri.

Jorginho is the definition of the Pep Guardiola midfielder. Comfortable with the ball at his feet and a true pass master. This would be a match made in football heaven as players of this ilk belong in a Guardiola coached team. Chelsea on the other hand offer a different, but potentially appealing footballing challenge. Jorginho would be a style changing signing for them and if that process is heralded by a man Jorginho has great respect for in Sarri the possibility of a move to London intensifies.

Chances of Jorginho joining Manchester City? 7 out of 10. Chances of Jorginho joining Chelsea? 3 out of 10. (4 if Sarri is confirmed as Chelsea boss before a move is completed).

Add to the Discussion

Home Forums All About Transfers – Fred and Jorginho

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  B90M Staff 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #9895

    B90M Staff
    Keymaster

    Fred to Manchester United Stefan – In January, if you asked someone where Shakhtar Donetsk’s Brazilian Midfielder Fred would be playing his football c
    [See the full post at: All About Transfers – Fred and Jorginho]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.